Stass & Co
Dry Body Brush
Dry brushing has been practiced as part of bathing ritual and culture for thousands of years.
The benefits can be felt both physically and mentally, and are heightened when used regularly as part of a self-care routine.
This body brush is made from buttery soft walnut wood and sisal bristles. The sisal plant is a species of Agave native to southern Mexico, which provides a plant-based, more sustainable and stronger alternative to traditional animal fibres. The smooth walnut paddle fits easily in the palm of a hand.
Used daily on skin before a shower, or for a deeper, more thorough exfoliation when time allows, dry brushing increases blood circulation and lymphatic drainage. As the epidermis is the largest eliminative organ in our body, this practice aids in detoxification.
It also encourages cellular turnover for firmer, more luscious skin.
Dry brushing can be the first step in a nourishing bathing ritual, an opportunity to connect with your body and breath in a meditative way. Or — if it’s more your style — just a habitual part of your daily routine (like brushing teeth) that will have profound benefits on your physical wellbeing.
- Made from walnut wood and natural sisal bristles
- Vegan friendly
- From Australian-owned Stass & Co
- Stimulates lymphatic flow, blood circulation and detoxification
- For healthier, firmer, more luscious skin
- Calming on the nervous system when used as part of meditative routine
- Brush — diameter of head 110mm; length of bristles 33mm; width of brush: 51mm
- Handle — width of handle 25mm; length of handle 170mm